What is the significance of your essay conclusion?
A conclusion is a continuation of the essay which concludes it by specification of the thesis statement and recapitulating the main points of discussion. You need to keep in mind that the conclusion is the most memorable part of the essay. That is why the essay conclusion should be the best part of the whole paper.
Introduction and conclusion encase the main body of the text providing the logical structure of the essay. Here you have the last opportunity to convince your audience that your point of view is sounder than the standpoint of your opponents.
Essay conclusions give you a chance to summarize your thoughts, to demonstrate the importance of the chosen issue and to argue your audience into the new point of view. Well-written essay conclusion leaves good final impression of the whole paper. Moreover, it can save the day if the rest of the essay is poorly written.
How to write essay conclusions
Essay writing is a hard case so you should do your best when accomplshing it.
There are several aspects you need to keep in mind if you must know how to write essay conclusion.
- Sketch all important points while creating the essay outline. Then it will be much easier to write the paragraphs of the conclusion.
- It is important to choose the appropriate format for your essay and follow it. Take into consideration that each format has its own restrictions and limitations.
- Remember, that it is undesirable to use words “Conclusion” and “In conclusion”.
- As far as the conclusion should highlight the chosen topic for the essay you should choose it with care. Remember that it is necessary to provide solid argumentation that upholds the essay topic.
- “So what” game can come in handy if you’re stuck and have no ideas concerning interesting contents of the essay conclusion. You need to choose a statement out of the conclusion and ask yourself “So what?” Find the answer to this question and thus you will be able to create logically structured chapter of the essay, filled with supported statements.
- You have to loop the introductory part with the conclusion. For that end you need to reduplicate the theme of the essay stated in the introduction.
- It is advisable to provide a brief summary of the main points of the discussion. Nevertheless, you should not simply repeat the statements but to show the connectedness of statements with argumentation.
Common pitfalls of writing the essay conclusions
Read about common mistakes, which can be made during essay conclusion writing process. Learn pieces of advice how to avoid them.
- Stating the thesis for the first time in the conclusion. You must not include new information in the conclusion. Also it is forbidden to introduce a new idea or subtopic. Here you should just synthesize the information that appears in the introduction and main body of the essay.
- Including pieces of evidence in the conclusion. Assure yourself that all quotations, citations, etc are mentioned in the body of the text only.
- Making emotional clarions that do not answer the purposes of the analytical research paper.
Remember that well-written essay conclusion should contain answers for the questions raised in the introductory section. All in all, the purpose of this chapter is to release the reader from the act of reading with a sense of gaining something from reading. You have a possibility to use essay examples in order to improve your writing skills. Take into consideration different kinds of essa, for example, evaluation or persuasive essays.