What do you know about research papers?
Every college level student knows that this is the assignment aimed to check the level of knowledge of the subject which has been proved during the year. Essentially, research papers are longer and more complicated works than essays. Writing a research paper is a hard nut to crack that is why you should strain every nerve when doing it. Accomplishing this assignment involves all of the steps of writing an essay plus several additional points.
Steps of writing research papers
Writing research papers can make an appearance of insuperable process. Nevertheless, it can be really easy in case if you follow the particular steps of writing this kind of academic writing. The process of fulfillment the assignment involves the following steps:
- First and foremost you should choose a topic for your research paper. The topic should kindle your interest and thereafter to your audience. Take into consideration that the point of your interest is vital to the research because it will determine the amount of effort you put in the research. The most common error in choosing the topic of the assignment is to choose the one that is too general. Focus on a limited aspect but do not use topics that are too specialized. Also you should take into consideration the available resources of necessary data about the chosen topic.
- Choose appropriate format and stick to it. Try to use well-known style, like Chicago, APA or MLA.
- Then you should start collecting the appropriate data for your research. There are a lot of different sources where you can get information you need. You can use reliable websites (the most appropriate websites for this issue have domain name extensions like .edu, .gov or .org. Many commercial cites are excellent though you should pay attention to the content of it). Also you can use different encyclopedias, dictionaries, articles, government publications and books.
- Note down all necessary bibliographical information (author, title, place of publication, publisher, and date of publication, page numbers, URLs, creation or modification dates on Web pages, and your date of access if necessary) and prepare to cite it in the body of the research paper according to the chosen format.
- Create an outline for your research paper. Thus it will be much easier to write it and include necessary information in the appropriate sections of the paper.
- Write the foul copy of the paper. Assure yourself that you include all necessary sections of the research paper. Well-organized outline would come in handy at this step of writing the research paper.
- Proofread the written draft. Check grammar and spelling mistakes. Use essay phrases and linking words in order to improve the flow of the language. Add headings and subheadings where necessary. Thus your audience would be able to cope with the flow of your written work.
- Rewrite the research paper and proofread it again.
Research paper writing assistance
Research paper can be really tricky. That is why you may need help when writing research papers. Research paper samples can come in handy. If you are going to use the sample, assure yourself that the chosen sample is well-written and derived from reliable resource. Also you may use different outline templates in order to create well-structured research paper. If you still face certain problems in writing or time is pressing you may use online writing help.