Solemnity of Macbeth essay
Macbeth is the shortest tragedy written by William Shakespeare. It is one of the most known and studied pieces of writing that is based on the real story of Macbeth, king of Scotland. The study of Elizabethan theatre focuses mainly on creative work of Shakespeare and a study on Shakespeare is impossible without Macbeth. It is considered to be one among four the most famous tragedies of Shakespeare. That is why Macbeth essays are very important and familiar to the English literature students.
Writing essay refers to the literature paper writing and demands outstanding writing skills and concentration on the author’s ideas expressed in the tragedy.
The essentials of Macbeth essays
The main idea that should be included in the Macbeth essay is the wish for power. The number of angles in how Macbeth is being analyzed is innumerable. You can choose among various topics the one that will be able to meet your eye and be interesting for you. For example, you can analyze the tragedy in following ways:
- A tragedy of a character. Here you can try to solve the problem of the main characters motivation. It is in order to place basic essentials of Macbeth’s life and factors that lead to the downfall of the character.
- A poetic tragedy. Here it is appropriate to analyze the language and style of Macbeth, expressive means used by author.
- Shakespeare’s analysis of people and society. He lays special emphasis on the inner conflict of the individual and it may be good topic for your Macbeth essay.
- The issue of the border between kingship and tyranny can be very interesting for your audience.
- You may also consider various symbol such as blood or weather used by author in order to represent main ideas and concepts of the tragedy.
There are a lot of issues discussed in Macbeth essays, for example:
- The problem of ambitions
- The difference between tyranny and kingship
- What role belongs to the witches
- Comparative analysis of characters
- Symbology of blood for the Macbeth characters
Macbeth essays writing tips
Macbeth essay is considered to be very demanding and complicated. It is advisable to follow useful writing tips in order to write outstanding essay.
- In the introductory part you should propose the essay topic, thesis statement and list of main points of discussion. In general, all Shakespearean essays should include addressing the question.
- After that you should include description of the theme.
- Data analysis stage. Here you should provide analysis of gathered data for the research process.
- In the conclusion you should sum up the main points of the topic and the results of the data analysis.
- It is in order to use linking words and phrases in order to provide smooth transition in between the paragraphs. Each paragraph should address only one point and finish with one clear sentence that concludes the particular paragraph and leads into the next paragraph.
- Take into consideration various reliable essay samples, especially samples of persuasive essays.